Raw Cacao and Goji Berry Bliss Balls (Egg, Nut, and Gluten Free!)
Health Properties of Raw Cacao and Goji Berry Bliss Balls
Benefits of Maca powder - Maca is from Peru and full of vitamins (B, C, E) in minerals (calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium). It's excellent for balancing hormones in women, reduces blemishes and improves skin texture, and is known as an energy booster. It is known to help with mood and concentration.
Benefits of Malunggay powder - Rich in vitamins (C and A) and minerals (calcium, potassium and iron). Malunggay helps strength the immune system. It can help lower cholesterol, improve digestion, balance sugar levels, and protect cell structures from damage. It is appreciated and regularly used in the Philippines as a herbal remedy and ingredient in food.
Benefits of Hemp seeds - Hemp seeds are a complete superfood and flush with healthy fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and rich in protein. They are an excellent alternative for people with nut allergies.
Benefits of Goji Berries - Goji berries are a superfood, known since Ancient China for their health benefits. They are full of antioxidants and there are therapeutic claims from helping with balancing blood sugar to improving hypertension.
Benefits of Raw Honey - Raw honey is a pretty amazing anti-bacterial and can even be applied topically to heal wounds and reduce inflammation. In healthy modern, raw honey is a healthy natural sweetener, perhaps the healthiest, that also has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Raw honey promotes digestive health and is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Benefits of Coconut oil - You probably already know, thanks to coconut powerfully surging in popularity in the past couple of years in health and wellness, that coconut oil is amazing. Coconut oil has many medicinal properties - anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Coconuts have been a huge part of the diet of many world cultures, many of whom suffer from less cardiovascular and dietary driven diseases than cultures that don't. Coconut oil is said to help control hunger and in meals then helps with better portion controls, supporting healthy eating. I have noticed this myself first hand!
- 1/2 teaspoon raw Maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Malunggay powder
- 1 teaspoon organic Cacao powder
- 10 organic Goji berries
- 5 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon organic Raw White Himalayan honey
- 1 tablespoon organic Coconut oil
- Throw in a blender and under chop mold blend until all the bumps are out and the mix is smooth.
- Roll them into 1 and half inch balls or get your five year old to do it like I did!
- Refrigerate or gobble up right away. Either way is good!